Dean of Health Sciences
Dr. Bruntzel came to Saint Luke’s College in 2016 from Missouri Valley College, where she served in a number of roles between 2003 and 2016, including Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences and chair of the Division of Health Sciences. She also served as the program director for the Athletic Training Program from its inception in 2003.
She is a member of the National Athletic Trainer’s Association, Mid-America Athletic Trainer’s Association, and the Missouri Athletic Trainer’s Association. In 2014, she was awarded the MoATA Outstanding Athletic Trainer of the Year, and in 2017, she was selected as the Athletic Training Educator of the Year by the Mid-America Athletic Trainer’s Association.
Dr. Bruntzel has published, “Introduction to the Health Professions—A Course Designed for the ‘Pre-Med’ Student” in the journal The Advisor, and has presented her research in the area of Footwear Biomechanics at conferences in the United States, Sydney, Australia; Manchester, England; and Rome, Italy.
Throughout her career in higher education, Bruntzel has served on numerous committees and has developed several different academic programs from inception to implementation.
- PhD – Biomechanics and Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 2000
- MA – Sport Sciences, University of Denver, 1988
- BS – Athletic Training, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1986
- BOC Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC), 1987-present
- Missouri Licensed Athletic Trainer, 2000-present
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP), 2016-present