Dr. Melody Messner
Chief Development Officer
Dr. Melody Messner is the Chief Development Officer and Secretary to the Board of Directors and has been at the College since 2013. College communications and marketing, alumni relations, fundraising, community engagement and College partnerships all come under her direction.
Dr. Messner has worked in higher education for nearly 25 years as an assistant professor and an administrator at two state universities and two private colleges. Her first teaching position was at Sam Yuk Language Institute in Seoul, Korea teaching English as a Second Language. Communications, public relations, conflict resolution, negotiation, crisis communication and public speaking were her instructional content areas. Prior to a career in higher education, Messner worked in the business sector for 15 years in the areas of marketing, public relations, and book publishing.
She has been a Peer Reviewer for the AQIP accreditation path with the Higher Learning Commission for three years, holds a certification in Development/Fundraising methodologies and trends from the Lilly School of Philanthropy, University of Indiana–Purdue, is experienced in continuous quality improvement processes, and is a trained mediator.
- Secretary to the Board of Directors
- Member of the President’s Cabinet
- PhD – Organizational/Instructional Communication, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2003
- MA – Journalism, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1991
- BA – Journalism, Union College, 1984
- Certified Fundraising Manager, 2017
- AQIP Pathways Training, Higher Learning Commission, 2015
- Divorce/Family Mediation, Saint Louis University School of Law, 2011
- CORE Mediation, 2002