Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Apply by December 31, 2019, for fall 2020 at nursingcas.org.
- Have at least 36 of the 60 prerequisite credit hours.
- Have completed two of the four required natural science courses (Anatomy with lab, Chemistry with lab, Microbiology with lab, Physiology with lab) with a minimum of four credit hours in each science course.
- Have the required science courses that are no older than five years
- Have not repeated required natural science courses more than one time
- Have a minimum grade of C in all prerequisite coursework
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.7 in all prerequisite coursework
- Have graduated from an accredited high school (GED and HiSET also accepted)
- Are U.S. citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident
- A $50 NursingCAS and $35 Saint Luke’s College application fees are required to complete application.
- Up-to-date transcripts should include Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits.
- Home-schooled students must provide proof of a GED or HiSET exam.
- A resume reflecting qualifications and work and volunteer experience.
- If you have been enrolled in another nursing program, you must provide a letter from the dean/nursing program director on official college letterhead verifying reasons for withdrawal/dismissal and eligibility for readmission.
The BSN program requires educational experiences in clinical settings. Once accepted, students must complete the clinical readiness requirements to remain in the program.
- Alcohol and Drug Testing
- CNE/KCANE Confidentiality Statement
- CNE Clinical Examination
- Color Blindness Screening
- CPR Certification
- Criminal Background Check
- Health Insurance Acknowledgement
- Latex Allergy Form
- Saint Luke’s Health System Confidentiality Statement
- Student Clinical Site Consent Form
You will be required to complete all other onboarding requests as outlined in your acceptance packets.
See the Clinical Readiness Admissions and Progression Requirements section for complete details.