Business Office FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

When can I expect a bill?
Tuition and fees are billed three times a year. Charges for the fall semester are billed in July; charges for the spring semester are billed in January; charges for the summer semester are billed in May.

How will I receive my bill?
All students will receive statement reminders via Saint Luke’s College email. All statements are available through the student portal, mySLC: Self-Service.

When is payment due for my bill?
Payment is due prior to the first day of classes. Check the Business Office Important Financial Dates for the listing of due dates for a specific semester.

How do I pay for classes?
Saint Luke’s College accepts the following forms of payment:

  1. Financial Aid
    Work with the Financial Aid Office for your eligibility.
  2. Credit Card
    Saint Luke’s College accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Payment can be made online through the student portal, mySLC: Self-Service. There is a convenience fee.
  3. Checks
    Must be made payable to Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences and include your name and student ID number. 
    Mail to:
    Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
    Business Office
    624 Westport Road
    Kansas City, MO 64111
  4. Third Party  (VA Benefits, Vocation/Rehabilitation, Workforce, KS Works, etc.)
    You must do the following every term:
    • Contact the Registrar’s Office to be sure that you have been properly certified to receive your benefits.
    • Verify the conditions of your benefits. If all tuition and fees are not covered, payment must be made by the first week of classes for the portion not covered.
    • Complete and submit the Third Party Payment Notification form.
  5. Tuition Reimbursement (this does not apply to RN-BSN SLHS employees)
    You must do the following every term:
    • Authorization from your employer stating that you have been approved for the term.
    • Complete and submit the Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences’ Tuition Reimbursement Payment Agreement.
    • Submit a copy of your employer’s tuition reimbursement policy.

How do I obtain a receipt?
Receipts are available through the student portal, mySLC: Self-Service. You may also contact the Business Office to request a receipt to forward to your employer. The receipt request is usually completed within 24 hours. During the beginning and end of the semester, when the request volume is heavier, it may take longer. Be sure to request your receipt well in advance of your deadline.

When will I get my refund check?
Refunds are available 7-10 business days after aid has posted to your account.  Students are sent information to their Saint Luke’s College email with pickup instructions once the check is available.

My records have a hold that prevents me from registering. What do I need to do?
You can view the description of any hold(s) that you may have through your mySLC: Self-Service account. Contact the originating office that placed the hold and speak with them directly.

Why do I have a Business Office hold?
Students with outstanding financial obligations, including tuition, fees, etc., will have a hold placed on their account and may not be permitted to register for subsequent semesters, receive official transcripts or grades, or participate in graduation until the reason for the hold is satisfied. Your student account must be settled before you will be allowed to register. You can pay online via mySLC: Self-Service if your account has not been submitted to a collection agency. If your account has been submitted, you would need to pay the collection agency directly.

Will my hold be removed if I pay my debt through mySLC: Self-Service?
Financial related holds are removed from your account within 24 hours by paying online through your mySLC: Self-Service account. However, you may also email the Business Office at (be sure to include your student ID number in your e-mail) or visit the Business Office to have the hold removed from your account.

Do I receive a refund when I withdraw from a course?
To receive a refund you must drop your course(s) on or before the published add/drop deadline. If you withdraw from a class you are still responsible for any amount due on your account. To see the percentage of tuition refund or specific dates, please review the Important Financial Dates.