Associate of Science in Allied Health
Yes, there are flexible part-time or full-time options.
- We offer financial aid (Department of Education loans, grants, scholarships)
- Complete your FAFSA application to help determine eligibility for need-based federal financial aid (Saint Luke’s College FAFSA Code: 009782).
- We offer scholarships
- We accept third-party scholarships
- Workstudy positions available
- Personal or parent loans
- Transfer credits must be 100 level or above and recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) (contact your college counselor to verify accreditation status)
- Transfer credits must be a C or above
- Schedule an appointment with an admissions representative to go over your transcript(s)
- Questions? Contact the admissions office
If a student is interested in pursuing the BSN after completion of the AS degree, they should meet with an academic advisor for a plan of study that will meet the program prerequisites.
Below are the minimum laptop computer requirements required to work with the courses at the College. Google Chromebooks will not work at the College due to computer download requirements. Please make sure you have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
Minimum computer specifications:
- Processor: Intel Core i5 (or higher) or AMD Ryzen 5 (or higher)
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Mac OSX 10.12
- RAM: 8 GB (or higher)
- Hard Drive: 128 GB minimum (or higher) SSD highly recommended
- Wireless network card 802.11AC
- Headset with microphone capability required
- Web camera required
Software applications required:
- Microsoft Office 2016 or newer (The college provides you with one free copy of Office 2016 via the OntheHub)
- Supported internet browser: Google Chrome
- Adobe Reader
View cost information here.
Upon the recommendation of the faculty, the College will confer the degree of Associate of Science in Allied Health upon students who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Completion of the 60 minimum required by the program of study for the AS degree. At least 25 percent MUST be earned from Saint Luke’s College to meet the residency requirement.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 with no grade below C counting towards graduation.
For students wishing to pursue admission into the BSN program, please meet with an Academic Advisor for an appropriate plan of study that meets admissions requirements.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|General Studies||1 Required|
|GNED 100||Freshman Seminar||1|
|Social, Political, and Behavioral Understanding||9 Required|
|HIST 120||History of Health and Medicine in the United States||3|
|PSYC 145||Sociocultural Approaches to Health Psychology||3|
|SOCI 140||Medical Sociology||3|
|Natural Sciences & Quantitative and Mathematical Reasoning||7 Required|
|BSCI 225||Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab||4|
|Natural Sciences & Quantitative and Mathematical Reasoning—Choose four courses from this list||12-16 Required|
|BSCI 105||Principles of Biology with Lab||4|
|BSCI 115||Environmental Health||3|
|BSCI 120||Foundations of Anatomy and Physiology with Lab||4|
|BSCI 235||Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab||4|
|BSCI 240||Foundations of Epidemiology||3|
|BSCI 250||Microbiology with Lab||3|
|CHEM 105||Principles of Chemistry with Lab||4|
|CHEM 202||Nutrition for Health Professionals||3|
|MATH 110||Mathematical Principles for Health Professionals||3|
|MATH 165||College Algebra||3|
|Communicating Through Writing, Speaking, and Visual Images||9 Required|
|COMM 110||Oral and Interpersonal Communication in Health||3|
|ENGL 130||Written Communication for Health Professionals||3|
|ENGL 150||Professional Communication in Health||3|
|Languages and Humanities||3 Required|
|HUMS 145||Medical Ethics: Decision Making Under Uncertainty||3|
|Total Credits||60 Credits|
*GNED 100 may be waived if a student has successfully completed at least 12 hours of college credit. However, the student would need to take an additional one credit hour of electives in order to meet the 60 credit hour graduation requirement.