FNP Post-Graduate Certificate Admission Requirements
The application must be filled out completely. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials are received by the Admissions Office. Materials received after application deadline are not guaranteed review by the Admissions Committee.
1. Master’s degree with a major in nursing (MSN) from an accredited by CCNE or CNEA and regionally accredited institutions of higher learning, as a Nurse Practitioner.
a. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
2. Hold an active, unencumbered Registered Nurse License in home state where practicum is held.
3. Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended
4. Successful completion of Graduate Level Statistics course (or concurrent enrollment, with completion by the end of the first semester of the FNP Program).
5. One professional letter of recommendation sent directly to the Admissions Office. The letter needs to come from current or previous supervisors, prior nursing faculty or other individuals that can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study. No direct peers or family members.
6. Personal statement (400 to 800 words) that will give the Admissions Committee a better understanding of
a. Why are you choosing the FNP track?
b. Describe how your past and/or ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program.
c. State your goals/plans upon completion of the degree.
7. Current resume/CV, including detail of responsibilities and specific job experience
8. The $50 application fee is due upon completion of the application. There is a prompt to enter card information before submitting. Payment can be made with Discover, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
9. Once a completed application (with all appropriate components) is submitted, interviews may be required.
10. A review of the official transcript, board certificate, and prior work experience will be completed for a Gap Analysis. A plan of study will then be created for each individual applicant.