FNP Admission Requirements
The application must be filled out completely. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials are received by the Admissions Office. Materials received after the application deadline are not guaranteed review by the Admissions Committee.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a nursing program accredited by CNEA or CCNE and regionally accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
2. Students can be admitted directly from the BSN program and must hold an active, unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the state where practicum is held. One year of clinical experience is recommended.
3. Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended
4. Three professional letters of recommendation sent directly to the Admissions Office
a. Letters need to come from current or previous supervisors, prior nursing faculty, or other individuals that can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill, and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study.
b. Letters may not come from direct peers or family members.
5. Personal statement (400 to 800 words) addressing the following:
a. Discuss why you want to pursue the FNP specialty.
b. Describe how your past and/or ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program.
c. State your goals/plans upon completion of the degree.
6. Current resume/CV, including detail of responsibilities and specific job experience
7. The $50 application fee is due upon completion of the application. There is a prompt to enter card information before submitting. Payment can be made with Discover, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
8. Once a completed application (with all appropriate components) is submitted, interviews may be extended to eligible candidates.
9. Additional Information:
a. Additional coursework may be required.
For specific questions regarding the FNP program, please contact:
Dr. Victoria Grando, Dean of Nursing and Professor
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the Admissions department at:
Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
624 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: 816-936-8700 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org