Nurse Educator Track Admission Requirements
Please read these instructions carefully before completing the application for admission. The application must be filled out completely. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials are received by the Admissions Office. Materials received after the application deadline are not guaranteed review by the Admissions Committee.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution of higher learning
a. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
2. Hold an active, unencumbered Registered Nurse License in home state of residency and be eligible for a Missouri Registered Nurse License
3. Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended
4. Evidence of satisfactory completion of both undergraduate Statistics and Nursing Research courses via transcript
5. Three professional letters of recommendation sent directly to the Admissions Office
a. Letters need to come from current or previous supervisors, prior nursing faculty, or other individuals that can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill, and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study.
b. Letters may not come from direct peers or family members.
6. Personal statement (400 to 800 words) addressing the following:
a. Discuss why you want to pursue the AG-ACNP specialty.
b. Describe how your past and/or ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program.
c. State your goals/plans upon completion of the degree.
7. Current resume/CV, including detail of responsibilities and specific job experience
8. The $50 application fee is due upon completion of the application. There is a prompt to enter card information before submitting. Payment can be made with Discover, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
9. Additional Information
- For specific questions regarding the NE program, please contact:
Dr. Victoria Grando, Dean of Nursing and Professor
- For questions about the admissions process, please contact the admissions department at:
Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
624 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: 816-936-8700 • Email: email@example.com