NE Post-Graduate Certificate Admission Requirements
Please read these instructions carefully before completing the application for admission. The application must be filled out completely. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials are received by the Admissions Office. Materials received after application deadline are not guaranteed review by the Admissions Committee.
1. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution of higher learning
a. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
2. Hold an active, unencumbered Registered Nurse License in home state of residency and be eligible for a Missouri Registered Nurse License
3. Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended
4. One professional letter of recommendation sent directly to the Admissions Office
a. The letter needs to come from a current or previous supervisor, prior nursing faculty, or other individual that can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill, and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study.
b. Letters may not come from family members.
5. Personal statement (400 to 800 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
a. Why you are choosing to complete a certificate in Nursing Education
b. How your past and/or ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program
c. What your goals/plans upon completion of this certificate are
6. Current resume/CV, including detail of responsibilities/specific job experience
7. The $50 application fee is due upon completion of the application. There is a prompt to enter card information before submitting. Payment can be made with Discover, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
8. Once a completed application (with all appropriate components) is submitted, interviews may be required.
9. A review of official transcript and prior work experience will be completed for a Gap Analysis. A plan of study will then be created for each individual applicant.
10. Additional Information
- For specific questions regarding the Acute Care Program, please contact
Dr. Victoria Grando, Dean of Nursing and Professor
- For questions about the admissions process, please contact the admissions department at:
Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
624 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: 816-936-8700 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Admission