For Undergraduate Students
Federal Pell Grant
A federal Pell Grant is gift aid and does not have to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. Eligibility is determined after completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
A federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant does not have to be repaid. Priority consideration is given to those with the lowest Expected Family Contribution figure (EFC) and who qualify for the federal Pell Grant. This is a campus-based program which means that every eligible student is not guaranteed these funds as funds are limited.
This is a need-based program designed to be simple to understand, provide predictable, portable awards, and increase access to your school of choice. Your financial eligibility is determined by your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as calculated through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To be eligible for assistance you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a FAFSA on file by April 1.
- Have any FAFSA corrections made by July 31.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a Missouri resident.
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time at a participating Missouri school (Students with documented disabilities who are enrolled in at least six credit hours may be considered to be enrolled full-time).
- Have an Estimated Family Contribution of $12,000 or less.
- Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity.
- Not have received your first bachelor's degree, completed the required hours for a bachelor's degree, or completed 150 semester credit hours.
A Flarsheim Grant is an institutional grant which does not have to be repaid. These grants are awarded based on need using the US Department of Education's standard formula (EFC) and the availability of funds. The college receives a limited number of funds for these grants each year. Priority is given to those who are not otherwise eligible for federal or state grants.