Financial Aid Conditions Statements
- I understand that my financial aid awards are contingent upon adequate funding and state and federal regulations.
- I must maintain satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive Federal, State, and most private assistance.
- Funds I accept must be applied to outstanding educational expenses at Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences before the surplus may be disbursed to me. All assistance will be used for educational expenses related to my attendance at Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences.
- These awards may be voided or changed at any time if incorrect or false information is discovered on the application or if there has been an error in computing the award.
- Any change in enrollment, state residency, or the receipt of additional outside resources after the initial award must be reported to the Financial Aid Office. Revisions or changes in status will necessitate revisions of the award.
- I understand that if I withdraw from school prior to the completion of a semester, the financial assistance award received will be prorated and the unused portion of the financial assistance award will be refunded to the programs involved. Depending on the proration of the aid, I may owe a balance on my account.
- I understand that all academic year William D. Ford Direct Loans (Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and Parent PLUS) must be disbursed in two equal payments.
- I understand that financial aid disbursements are generally made during the first week of the semester. Financial aid disbursements are made weekly on a case by case basis throughout the semester, as needed.
- As a first-time borrower of William D. Ford Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), I realize that I must complete an on-line entrance counseling session before any part of my loan can be disbursed and credited to my account.
- I understand that if I have received loans at any time while enrolled at Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences, I must complete an exit counseling session before I leave the College for any reason.
- I understand that I may be seeking a degree and receive aid from only one institution during an academic term.
- I understand that to receive federal aid I must be enrolled in at least six credit hours at Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences (except for those who qualify for Federal Pell Grant funds) as an undergraduate student and five credit hours as a graduate student.
- I understand that I must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences in order to receive Foundation scholarships.
- I understand that proceeds from William D. Ford Direct Parent PLUS loans will credit directly to my account, pay off all charges and any overpayment will be refunded to my parent. In order for overpayments to be refunded to me, my parent borrower must indicate this on the Parent PLUS Information Worksheet.
- I authorize the release of information concerning financial assistance received at Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences to other institutions of higher education or other agencies from which I am also receiving or requesting financial assistance for educational purposes. For dependent students, this would also include parents’ information. I also authorize Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences to receive information concerning financial assistance from other institutions and agencies.
- I authorize Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences to credit my account with Federal Pell Grant and Title IV funds for any charges I accrue in addition to tuition and fees. I understand I have the right to rescind this statement at any time by written notification to the Financial Aid Office.
- I authorize the use of electronic means of communication such as e-mail and secure websites for official notifications concerning financial aid awards, eligibility, and any related programs. I understand that I have the right to rescind this statement at any time by written notification to the Financial Aid Office.
By accepting Title IV funds (Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, Federal Direct Loans – Sub, Unsub or Parent PLUS), I am verifying that I have read and understand the above statements and authorizations and agree to them.