Building Access for Students
Students are required to wear badges at all times when on campus. The campus is available to students from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The second floor is closed to students after 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students have badge access to the Simulation Center from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences and Saint Luke’s Hospital are both located in busy entertainment districts proving parking to be challenging at times. We strongly encourage students to plan ahead for parking. Arriving early for class or clinical to provide additional time to find parking and to walk to your destination is best. If safety is a concern at any time, please call security at 816-932-2911 for an escort.
Parking at SLCHS and SLH is available to students at no charge. All students are required to register their vehicle.
SLCHS reserves the right to change fees or parking guidelines at any time without prior notification.
Commons and Kitchen
A student commons area is located on the main floor. This area is for student gathering, studying and lounging. An adjoining student kitchen contains refrigerators, microwaves, a full-size oven, a coffee maker, and vending machines. While trash is emptied daily, keeping the area clean and uncluttered is also the responsibility of the students who use it. Student Government ensures that the student kitchen remains clean. Student kitchen refrigerators are emptied every Friday at 4:00 p.m. All containers holding food or drink will be discarded. Lunchboxes are placed in Lost & Found. Lost & Found is located on the first level behind the computers. Items from this area are emptied at the end of each semester.
Study areas are available for student use on the A level. Conference rooms and classrooms can be reserved for student activities and study sessions by contacting Valerie Henley at email@example.com.
Facilities Contact Information
- Database/Literature searching
- Electronic databases, books, and journals
- Books/Journals/Audio-visual programs
- Inter-library Loans
- Book and Audio-visual check-out
- Phone reference
- Study and reading space
- Internet access and Wi-Fi access
- Small group meeting area
- MyAthens is the library resource website used by Saint Luke’s College and Health Sciences Library. Online bibliographic database searches can be done from any computer. MyAthens is linked to every student’s OneLogin account. Access to this resource is obtained by logging into your account with your MyAthens username and password. The username always starts with “slh” followed by your first initial and last name. (example: slhmokpewho or slhmokpewho.stu).