Associate of Science in Allied Health Admissions Requirements and Application
In order to be fully accepted into the programs students must meet the following:
- Demonstrate proficiency at 80% or higher on the in-house computer proficiency examination. AND meet one of the following requirements:
- Graduate from a regionally accredited high school with a 2.0 GPA or better (GED or HiSET also accepted)—transcripts must be provided.
- Transfer in good standing from a regionally accredited university/college—transcripts must be provided.
Students not meeting one or more of the requirements may be admitted as special-status students for one semester and their admission status will be reevaluated at the end of the term. To be considered for full admission, a student must successfully complete 12 credit hours with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
Upon the recommendation of the faculty, the College will confer the degree of Associate of
Science in Allied Health upon students who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Completion of the 60-63 hours of the required program of study for the AS degree. At least 15/16 of those MUST be earned from Saint Luke’s College to meet the residency requirement.
- Completion of the 60-63 semester hours of coursework within three years of enrollment at Saint Luke’s College.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 with no grade below C counting towards graduation.
Additional Requirements for Graduation
Students must make satisfactory arrangements for all financial obligations to the College.
All books, supplies, and equipment belonging to the College must be returned in good condition.
Direct-Entry Option into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
If the requirements below are met, students who earn an Associate of Science in Allied Health degree from SLCHS will be eligible for direct entry into the next available spot in the BSN program:
- Complete all required nursing prerequisite credits and associate of science degree requirements.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5, with no grade below a B in any course.
- Science prerequisite courses must be completed no more than four years prior to enrollment to the College. NO course taken at SLCHS can be repeated to remain eligible for the direct-entry option.
- To keep eligibility, students must maintain full-time enrollment status (>12 credit hours) at the College.
- Fulfillment of all additional BSN admissions requirements as listed in the college catalog.
If students meet the eligibility requirements, they would then need to:
- Complete a direct-entry BSN application in the final semester before earning your AS degree. Formal admission will not occur until final grades for the semester have been posted and all additional requirements have been met.
BSN Admissions Additional Requirements
See the Clinical Readiness Admissions and Progression Requirements catalog section for complete details.
Student requirements prior to first semester/clinical rotation starts:
- Background Check
- Alcohol and Drug Testing
- Color Blindness Screening
- Latex Allergy
Ongoing Student Requirements
- TB Screen
- SLHS Confidentiality Statements
- Latex Allergy Questionnaire
- BLS Affirmation
- A background check or drug screening may be conducted at any time during attendance at SLCHS.
- CNE Exam
- Health Insurance Coverage