Nurse Educator Track
The Nurse Educator Track combines Common Core Course Requirements and Nurse Educator courses for a total of 40 hours.
The College mission for the Nurse Educator track is to prepare registered professional nurses as nurse educators in academic and clinical settings who will contribute to the growth and maintenance of a strong and diverse workforce that contributes to quality health care. The Master’s Degree in Nursing with a concentration in Nurse Education will provide the graduate with competencies in the facilitation of learning, the development of curriculum design and the use of assessment and evaluation strategies. Through planned practicum experiences that incorporate classroom, clinical and simulation settings, the graduate will learn to engage in quality improvement processes and participate as a change agent using evidence –based practice. Graduates from this program will be eligible to apply for certification as a Certified Nurse Educator through the National League for Nursing.
- Create a learning environment in a variety of educational settings that facilitates the achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Facilitate learner development and socialization through identification of the unique needs of individual students, advising and counseling, modeling professional behaviors, and the promotion of self-reflection and peer evaluation.
- Use assessment and evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the learner and the learning goals.
- Design, evaluate, and revise program outcomes and curricula that reflect contemporary healthcare and societal trends, and educational principles, theory and research.
- Pursue continuous quality improvement in the nurse educator role.
- Lead interdisciplinary efforts to address nursing issues and implement change in healthcare education.
- Engage in scholarly research and activities to improve and support nursing education.
- Integrate the values of respect, collegiality, professionalism, and caring to build an organizational climate that fosters the development of students and teachers.
- Common Core Course Requirements for all Graduate Programs
- Nurse Educator Courses
- Course Descriptions for all Graduate Programs
- Request more information