FNP Second Master’s Degree
AG-ACNP Post-Graduate Certificates
The application must be filled out completely. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials are received by the admissions office. Materials received after
application deadline is not guaranteed review by the Admissions Committee.
1) Master’s degree with a major in nursing from an accredited by CCNE or CNEA and regionally accredited institutions of higher learning.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
2) Hold an active, unencumbered Registered Nurse License in home the state where
practicum are held.
3) Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
4) Successful completion of the graduate level statistics course (or concurrent enrollment, with completion by the end of the first semester of the Acute Care program).
5) Three professional letters of recommendation sent directly to the admissions office:
- The letter needs to come from current or previous supervisors, prior nursing faculty or other individuals WHO can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study.
- No direct peers or family members.
6) Personal statement (400 to 800 words) that will give the Admissions Committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing the FNP Second Master’s Degree/AG-ACNP Post-Graduate Certificate?
- Describe how your past and/or ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program.
- State your goals/plans upon completion of the degree.
7) Current resume/CV including detail of responsibilities and specific job experience.
8) The $50 application fee is due upon completion of the application. There is a prompt to enter card information before submitting. Payment can be made with Discover, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
9) Once a completed application (with all appropriate components) is submitted, interviews may be required.
10) A review of the official transcript, board certificate, and prior work experience will be completed for a Gap Analysis. A plan of study will then be created for each individual applicant.
11) FNP Second Master’s Degree applicants must hold a Master of Science in Nursing Degree.
AG-ACNP applicants must also have a current board certification as an advanced practice nurse.
For specific questions regarding the AG-ACNP program contact Shane Hagen at email@example.com.
For FNP contact Victoria Grando at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the admissions office at: