MSN Admission Requirements and Application
1) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a nursing program accredited by CCNE or ACEN and the regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25
2) Students can be admitted directly from the SLCHS RN-BSN degree program, and all students must hold an active, unencumbered Registered Nurse License in the state where their practicums are held.
3) Official transcripts are required from all universities or colleges, and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
4) Three professional letters of recommendation sent directly to the admissions office:
- Letters need to come from current or previous supervisors, prior nursing faculty, or other individuals who can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill, and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study; and
- Letters may not come from direct peers or family members.
5) Personal statement (400 to 800 words) addressing the following:
- Discuss why you want to pursue the MSN degree and your specialty of choice.
- Describe how your past and ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program.
- State your goals/plans upon completion of the degree.
6) Current resume/CV including detail of responsibilities and specific job experience.
7) AG-ACNP students must have a minimum of one-year relevant experience in a critical care setting, defined as an ICU, ER, or trauma setting before the beginning of the program.
8) The $50 application fee is due upon completion of the application. There is a prompt to enter card information before submitting. Payment can be made with Discover, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard. The $50 application fee is non-refundable.
9) Once a completed application (with all appropriate components) is submitted, interviews will be extended to eligible candidates.
10) Additional coursework or experience may be required.
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the admissions office at: