MSN Admission Requirements and Application
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP)
Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program Post-Graduate Certificate
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Family Nurse Practitioner Second MSN Degree
Nurse Educator (NE)
Nurse Educator Post-Graduate Certificate
MSN Admissions Requirements
The application must be filled out completely and $50 application fee submitted online. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials are received by the admissions office by the application deadline. Applicants must submit/mail or hand deliver the following documentation directly to:
Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
Office of Admissions
624 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Applicants must provide the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a nursing program accredited by CCNE or ACEN and a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- AG-ACNP/NE Post-Graduate Certificate or FNP Second MSN Only: Master of Science in Nursing degree from a nursing program accredited by CCNA or ACEN and a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Active nursing license in the state where they practice.
- Students can be admitted directly from the SLCHS RN-BSN degree program after completing their BSN.
- Official transcripts are required from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- Current resume/CV including detail of responsibilities and specific job experience.
- Three professional letters of recommendation sent directly to the admissions office:
Letters need to come from current or previous supervisors, prior nursing faculty, or other individuals who can address the candidate’s clinical knowledge, skill and prospective aptitude for success within a graduate program of study. Letters may not come from direct peers or family members.
- Personal statement (400 to 800 words) addressing the following:
- Discuss why you want to pursue the MSN degree (or Post-Graduate Certificate) and your specialty of choice.
- Describe how your past and/or ongoing work experience will enhance your experience in this program.
- State your goals/plans upon completion of the degree.
- Second Master’s Applicants Only: A review of official transcripts will be completed for a gap analysis. An individualized plan of study will be created for each applicant based on prior educational courses.
- AG-ACNP Post-Graduate Certificate Applicants Only: Must also have a current board certification as an advanced practice nurse.
Questions about our MSN programs?
For questions about the admissions process, please contact the admissions office at:
Phone: 816-936-8700 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2019 Applications-Apply by April 22, 2019!
Fall 2019 Applications-Apply by July 29, 2019!